Welcome to the Southwest Health District, a 14 county public health district serving over 300,000 citizens. Our mission is to prevent disease, injury and disability; promote health and well-being; and prepare for and respond to disasters.
Women’s Health – Family Planning
Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC):
Methods of birth control that provide effective contraception for an extended period without requiring user action.
DPH Southwest District Services
· Birth Control services: Nexplanon implant, Liletta, ParaGard IUD, Depo shot, the Pill, and Condoms
· Education and access to Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
· Women’s preventative health exams
· Health education and counseling, including information regarding abstinence
Affordable Birth Control Methods:
Liletta or ParaGard IUD
Oral contraceptive pills
Condoms are ALWAYS FREE
Cost for Services:
Women’s health and family planning services are no charge for teens and very low-cost (based on income) for adult women and men. Condoms are always free at all health department and teen clinics.
Planning Your Visit
- Most services are available on a walk-in anytime basis during clinic hours. If you prefer, a same or specific day appointment can be scheduled. At the time of your visit, you will be asked about your household income and family size, but proof of income is not required to receive care.