With its long growing season and varied types of soils, the county has traditionally been a state leader in agricultural production. The Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition is held annually in Moultrie, a city in Colquitt County, and showcases the latest technology in all phases of the farming industry. Recent Expositions attracted over 200,000 attendees from all over the country as well as some international visitors.
The world-class diving well located in the county at Moose Moss Aquatics Center served as a training site for the 1996 Olympics. Colquitt County also contains eight quail hunting preserves and is a Mecca for hunting bobtail quail, wild turkey, and dove.
Women’s Health – Family Planning
Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC):
Methods of birth control that provide effective contraception for an extended period without requiring user action.
DPH Southwest District Services
· Birth Control services: Nexplanon implant, Liletta, ParaGard IUD, Depo shot, the Pill, and Condoms
· Education and access to Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
· Women’s preventative health exams
· Health education and counseling, including information regarding abstinence
Affordable Birth Control Methods:
Liletta or ParaGard IUD
Oral contraceptive pills
Condoms are ALWAYS FREE
Cost for Services:
Women’s health and family planning services are no charge for teens and very low-cost (based on income) for adult women and men. Condoms are always free at all health department and teen clinics.
Planning Your Visit
- Most services are available on a walk-in anytime basis during clinic hours. If you prefer, a same or specific day appointment can be scheduled. At the time of your visit, you will be asked about your household income and family size, but proof of income is not required to receive care.