Miller County Health Department 


Darleen Cox, Director
250 West Pine Street
Colquitt, GA 39837
(229) 758-3344   Fax (229) 758-5526
Hours of Operation  8 a.m. - 5 p.m. M - F
Some service hours may vary

Programs and Services

Restaurant Inspections

History*

Miller County was created in 1856 from parts of Baker and Early counties. It was named after Judge Andrew J. Miller, who was a state legislator for more than 20 years and served several times as president of the Senate.

Peter Toth, a Hungarian-born sculptor, spent several years of his life traveling across America carving memorial gift monuments, one in each state, dedicated to Native Americans. The only such monument in Georgia is in Colquitt, a city in Miller County.

Colquitt is home to "Swamp Gravy," Georgia's official Folk Life Play. Colquitt is known as the "Mayhaw Capital of the World." A mayhaw is a small, red berry often used for jams and jellies.

The entire town square in Colquitt is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.