Worth County obtained its territory from Dooly and Irwin counties in 1853. The county was named for Major General William J. Worth who also served in the Mexican-American War.
Worth County is home to Peter Pan Peanut Butter. In fact, every jar is manufactured in Sylvester, a city in the county.
The Georgia House of Representatives approved the resolution that made Warwick, Georgia the ‘Grits Capitol of Georgia’ and every April hosts the Grits Festival. For more information, visit http://www.gritsfest.com/
Michigan Governor Chase S. Osborne, who made his winter home in Poulan, a city in the county, in the early 1900s, built the famous Big Poke and Little Poke mansions in Possum Lane, now tourist attractions.
Women’s Health – Family Planning
Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC):
Methods of birth control that provide effective contraception for an extended period without requiring user action.
DPH Southwest District Services
· Birth Control services: Nexplanon implant, Liletta, ParaGard IUD, Depo shot, the Pill, and Condoms
· Education and access to Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
· Women’s preventative health exams
· Health education and counseling, including information regarding abstinence
Affordable Birth Control Methods:
Liletta or ParaGard IUD
Oral contraceptive pills
Condoms are ALWAYS FREE
Cost for Services:
Women’s health and family planning services are no charge for teens and very low-cost (based on income) for adult women and men. Condoms are always free at all health department and teen clinics.
Planning Your Visit
- Most services are available on a walk-in anytime basis during clinic hours. If you prefer, a same or specific day appointment can be scheduled. At the time of your visit, you will be asked about your household income and family size, but proof of income is not required to receive care.